Kids Cap Guard™ was developed with the “kid” in mind. Whether in school, on the playground, or hanging at the park, children need effective face coverings too. Parents have fears their children will not wear face masks for a full day. Educators have expressed concerns about the efficacy in the classroom if teachers and students cannot see each other’s facial expressions and lip movements. Cap Guard provides an optically clear face shield that facilitates communication and attaches to any cap or visor. Face shields are part of the strategy to reduce transmission of COVID-19 in the community setting.
Kids Cap Guard™ Features:
- Promotes teacher-student connection with full visibility of facial expressions and lip movement.
- Facilitates Total Physical Response teaching for students with diverse needs.
- Less intrusive than a mask, children will wear longer and are less likely to touch their faces.
- Easy to assemble, wash, and sanitize for re-use.
- Made with 100% recyclable materials, sourced, and produced in the USA.
“Face shields do provide a partial barrier to respiratory droplets and may be considered in classroom environments or situations where masking may interfere with teacher instruction OR when distancing (less than 6 feet) cannot be adequately achieved.”
-Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia policy review and recommendations for Pennsylvania schools.
“For the student population I teach, much is gained from being able to see each other’s faces and mannerisms. It’s essential to impart language teaching. A face shield is the way to go for my classroom. It permits me to be a more effective teacher, and I also feel the children will be more comfortable in a shield and touch their faces less.”
-Lynn Cruse, ESL teacher, Barnegat School District, Barnegat, NJ
Disclaimer & Instructions for Educators and School Systems:
- Always follow assembly and use instructions.
- Make sure that ball cap or visor brim is bent in accordance with instructions before attempting to use Cap Guard.
- Wash hands with soap and water before placing Cap Guard and face shield on hat. If possible, wash or sanitize hands between assisting children.
- Once shield is positioned over face, keep face and shield clean. Do not touch face or the front of shield with your hands.
- Remind children not to touch face and shield with their hands. Follow local government or school board guidance regarding the frequency of hand washing.
- Monitor children, especially younger children, carefully and make sure that children are not playing with the Cap Guard clips with their hands or placing clips in or near their mouth. If misuse of the Cap Guard or face shield is observed, immediately remove the Cap Guard clips from the child and provide alternative protection, such as a mask.
- Make sure that there are three (3) clips on children’s hats at all times. The shield should be below a child’s chin and wrap around the child’s face at all times.
- Remove shield carefully. Place shield in a receptacle for cleaning and sanitizing using appropriate cleansing wash or sanitizer.
- Immediately wash hands with soap and water.
Do Your Part & Be Smart and Safe for the Benefit of All of Us
- Assists in providing enhanced protection from the community spread of airborne droplets in indoor environments.
- Social distancing should still be maintained to the extent possible while wearing the Cap Guard in accordance with current government guidelines.
- Product is not a medical device that will prevent the transmission of disease.
- Cap Guards are to be used only for children ages 5 and older and only if those children are developmentally capable of using the product as instructed.
- Caregivers must supervise children wearing the Cap Guard and must immediately remove the Cap Guard from any child who misuses it (e.g., as a toy or by placing it in or near their mouth).
- Assists in providing enhanced protection from the community spread of airborne droplets in indoor environments. The efficacy of face shields is still being studied.
CAUTION: Do not place on anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the shield without assistance. Do not place on any child less than 5 years of age. If discomfort or adverse reactions occur during wearing, discontinue use.
DISCLAIMER: This shield is not a medical device and does not prevent the risk of contracting or transmitting any disease or infection. Always follow current government guidance on social distancing. Shields are intended for general public use only. They are non-sterile and are not intended for use in any clinical or surgical setting or where exposure to bodily or hazardous fluids may be expected, where the risk of exposure through inhalation is high, or near intense heat or flammable gas. Shields are not surgical shields or medical-grade personal protective equipment.
FACE SHIELDS AND CAP GUARD CLIPS ARE PROVIDED AS-IS AND CAP GUARD SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CAP GUARD SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS THAT FACE SHIELDS AND CAP GUARD CLIPS WILL PREVENT INFECTION OR THE TRANSMISSION OF ANY VIRUS OR DISEASE. FACE SHIELDS AND CAP GUARD CLIPS ARE NOT A MEDICAL DEVICE. FACE SHIELDS AND CAP GUARD CLIPS ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT, AND ANY MEDICAL QUESTIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER.
Persons wearing the face shields and Cap Guard clips do so at their own risk. Users must still follow governmental guidance in effect on the use of social distancing and face masks in conjunction with the face shields and Cap Guard clips. Caregivers must closely supervise the use of the Cap Guard with young children and follow the caregiver instructions and only provide the Cap Guard clips for use with children ages 5 and older who are developmentally capable of using the product correctly and as instructed.